This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TimeWithAveeno #CollectiveBias
Simple everyday hair styles is where it’s at! Being a work from home mama it may seem I don’t need to take the time to style my hair but the reality is, I must style my hair to kick off a productive day. Of course I have many of days where my hair ends up in the typical Mom top knot, but when I pull it back down it feels good to know it’s going to fall into place with ease… little styling time happening over here with my lengthy to do list. I get asked often how I get my hair to curl and how I achieve my go-to style often so I’m excited to be sharing my simple everyday hair with curls and wavy ends routine with y’all! Grab my tips, info on my new favorite AVEENO® hair products from Walmart, and how I get this look to last all day and onto the next day too! In a hurry? There’s a Pinterest friendly image at the bottom ready for you to pin and keep as reference for when you’re ready to create this look in just 15 minutes.
I’m part of the I have hair for days club. I used to loathe my thick hair but I’ve not only embraced it, I absolutely love it! It took years and years to get to this point but once I discovered a new way to style it with ease I was all about it! Another thing that helped was finding a product that works well with my color treated hair- I’m sure you’re shocked to know the red and blue highlights are not natural, I’m more of a light brown hair color gal but can’t leave red and pops of color just yet. Naturally the first step to my everyday hair style routine is using AVEENO hair products. AVEENO PURE RENEWAL® Shampoo and Conditioner locks in tons of moisture and leaves my hair shiny, healthy and full of life. They smell divine and you’re going to love them! I’ve been using their products for years (thank you fair skin in the Florida sunshine) and it was no surprise I truly love their shampoo and conditioner. You can learn more about the shampoo here and the conditioner here. Before you head to the store to grab this product be sure to print a $2 off coupon here.
Now let’s style that hair, girl.
Regardless of your cut I suggest pulling up half your hair to make sure you’re curling the hair that falls under your top layer of hair. I suggest using a large round curling iron; 2″ is my preference but any size on the larger scale shall do the trick because we are aiming for large curls and waves not tiny locked curls. Be sure the curling iron is nice and hot before use, so go ahead and apply your makeup to save on time. I’m all about maximizing my time as a mom of 2 littles running (and crawling) around my feet as I’m trying to get ready. If I can achieve this look so can you!
My hair has a natural wave to it so I do blow dry and straighten out wild ends prior to curling. I prefer to wash my hair at night and that’s also when I blow dry so it’s ready to be styled in the morning. Washing and drying your hair in the evening hours opens up the morning to just styling- yay for saving time there!
You’re probably following most of this routine already but here’s my process and tips.
- You’ll want the curling iron or wand of choice to start in the middle of each section of hair, I never curl from the bottom up. Grab the hair and being to curl then slide in the rest of the hair making sure to snag the ends.
- When you release your hair from the curling iron hold the curl in your hand for just a minute to release the heat before letting it fall, this helps hold the curl in a bit.
- Optional: use a product that protects against heat.
- Curl one entire section of your hair and then touch with hairspray before moving onto the next section. There’s not need to go wild with the hairspray or hair products, just be sure to allow the curls to sit until your entire hair is done.
- Rotate directions. Curl toward your face and away from your face to allow the hair to fall in different ways giving it a more natural look.
- Once all your hair is curled use your hands to fluff and loosen up the curls. Some brush out curls, but I refrain from doing so until the evening hours.
- You’re set! It takes me about 15 minutes (including distractions) to curl my hair to create wavy and curl mixture ends.
- I brush my hair in the evening if it’s not being washed that night, sleep on it down never in a pony and the waves stick around and can be touched up in just minutes if needed.
Below is the Pinterest friendly image to be sure to pin and save for later!
Do you have a go to hair style to share with me? Do you tend to curl and style your hair similarly to me? I’m always open to fun tips and tricks, so please share your go to’s in the comments or on social media. Don’t forget to print the coupon above too! Below is a snap shot of where you can find these great products at your local Walmart. I can’t wait to hear if you try my process and see the results, share with us on social media.
Here’s to a new fun everyday hair style you’ll rock like a boss!