Do you know who I’m ridiculously proud of? THIS GIRL. ME!
Y’all, I’ve came so far in the last couple of years and I’m in such a sweet spot.
I became mama in 2015, kicked postpartum depression in the *** in 2016 and welcomed our second baby that same year. 2017 I took time off to be with the babies and when I came back to work I was struggling hard.
Here’s the struggle I had late 2017 when I returned from maternity leave:
- I wanted to work more after taking several months off I just wasn’t feeling it. While I love pretty tables I was forcing myself to create them over and over without the same level of joy because my passion was pushing through harder and harder each day.
- I built an amazing business for 7 years and I HAD to stay in my lane, right?
- I wanted to talk about motherhood and the power you can give it in either direction but I shouldn’t do that on my blog. I shouldn’t do that at all because people will no longer trust my brand.
- I want to support other women the same way I did when I sold products in direct sales, but I needed a new platform to do so.
- I created STELLA, a separate newsletter and IG account so I could focus on my passion of showing other women and moms how to shine but hated keeping up with multiple accounts. It was exhausting.
- I couldn’t find my voice so I got frustrated and stopped working all together, yet again.
- I needed to keep my Instagram all pretty with party related photos because that’s what I do.
Then one day I let that crap go! ALL. OF. IT.
First of all I finally recognized how important it was to me to do this, then I worked hard at landing freelance opportunities as an avenue to showcase my love for entertaining guests (and bring in a steady stream of income for our family aka for Disney because we know all my money goes there). It took a few months to get some of my previous clients back but once I did I knew this was the time to leap into my true passion with full force.
I leaped with Jedi force, y’all.
There’s LOTS of things in the works… if only you could see the beautiful mess behind the scenes.
Motherhood filled with confidence, I’m giving it to you.
Passion to not only pursue your goals but snatch them straight out of the sky, I’m giving it to you.
Life with less stress and more intention, I’m giving it to you.
Travel tips for families with littles because life should be about experiences over things, I’m giving it to you.
2018 is the year I follow my passion and the year I make an impact. 2018 is the year I make the most I’ve made in my career by working hard chasing my new passion. 2018 is the year I learned how to let go of the excuses and follow my passion.
Get ready for a dose real, ladies. I’m coming for you with so much heart!